From February 11th to February 17th AFORMAC Europe hosted 3 tutors from the Leeds City College (United Kingdom), which is a long-established partner of the association within the framework of its Erasmus+ European projects. The tutors are in charge of the mentoring, the integration (placement and employment) and the vocational evolution of the College’s students (ex: business creation, help in application, etc.).
The objectives of their visit were to make them discover the way AFORMAC Europe places the Leeds City College’s students in vocational internship and also to make them discover the field of employment and vocational integration in France and the possibility to share good practices with other professionals.
On the program of their visit:
- Presentation of the AFORMAC Group and AFORMAC Europe
- Discovery of the fields in which AFORMAC places its European trainees including the hotel-catering and gastronomy sectors with the visit of Les Halles Bocuse
- Visit of the Youth Information Centre of Villeurbanne
- Visit of the AFORMAC centre in Montluçon
- Discovery of Activ’Emploi and of the Adviseo website dedicated to job seekers
- Visit of hosting firms of the Leeds City College students in Montluçon
- Meeting with a representative of Pôle Emploi Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes’ international team
Exchanges were enriching for AFORMAC staff as well as for Leeds City College’s tutors and for the professionals we met.
Our partnership with Leeds City College will keep up this year since AFORMAC Europe will have the pleasure to host 2 groups of trainees from the College, one group will be hosted in Montluçon in March and another group will be hosted in Lyon in April.